MyWelfare Accessibility Statement
This is the accessibility statement for MyWelfare and applies to all content published on MyWelfare.ie. MyWelfare is committed to achieving WCAG 2.1 Level AA standard.
This statement was prepared on 12/11/2021
MyWelfare.ie is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 Level AA guidelines.
How we assessed MyWelfare.ie
We follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level A and Level AA to test and audit the level of conformance of MyWelfare.ie. The website was last tested on 29 October 2021.
How we are going to improve and ensure accessibility on MyWelfare.ie
- We have assigned Access Officers to all areas of the Department of Social Protection. Details of Access Officers can be found here: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/39b2e5-access-officers-under-the-disability-act-2005/.
- We will engage in user testing to ensure the accessibility needs of people are met.
- We will perform regular accessibility assessments of MyWelfare.ie.
- We will dedicate appropriate resources to audit and fix content which fails to meet the WCAG 2.1 Level AA standard as required.
Non-Accessible Content & Limitations
Despite our ongoing efforts to ensure accessibility of MyWelfare.ie, there may be some limitations or non-accessible content. Below is a description of known limitations.
- Focus States: Some focus states are missing or not visible. This can make it harder for people using a keyboard to navigate the site.
- Tab Steps: In some instances, tabbing may not follow the visible steps on the page. People using keyboard navigation may need to tab more times than seems evident to access the option they would like.
- Enter Button / Space Bar: Throughout the site, when selecting options using keyboard navigation, the enter button and space bar may be interchangeable. In certain circumstances, the enter button and space bar may not work as expected (for example, the enter button may not work for checkboxes across the site).
- Arrow Buttons: When making a selection from dropdown lists, the first option may appear inaccessible when using the arrow buttons to navigate the list. People using keyboard navigation may need to use the arrows to scroll down through all options to return to the top of the list.
- Tables: Some tables on MyWelfare.ie may not be accessible to people using assistive technologies, such as screen readers or voice recognition software, to read content on the site.
- Images: Images on MyWelfare.ie may be missing alternative text descriptions and so may not be accessible to people using assistive technologies, such as screen readers or voice recognition software, to view content on the site.
- PDFs: PDF documents featured on MyWelfare.ie may be less accessible than HTML web pages for people using assistive technologies to read content.
This above is not an exhaustive list of non-accessible content and limitations.
Operating System and Browser Compatibility
MyWelfare.ie is compatible with the following browsers and operating systems:
- The latest version of Chrome
- The latest version of Firefox
- The latest version of Safari
- Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Recent versions of Android and IOS
MyWelfare.ie is not compatible with Internet Explorer and will therefore not perform optimally using this browser.
The accessibility of MyWelfare.ie relies on the following technologies:
Feedback and Contact Information
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of MyWelfare.ie If you have any concerns or complaints about the accessibility of this website, please contact us at DigitalServices@Welfare.ie. We will respond to you within 7 working days.