What are Household Benefits
The Household Benefits Package is a package of allowances per household which help you with the costs of running your household. You must be fully resident in the Republic of Ireland to receive this allowance and only one member of a household can qualify for Household Benefits. There are two allowances: the Electricity or Gas Allowance and the Free Television Licence.
Who can get Household Benefits
You may get Household Benefits if:
- You are aged over 70
- You are aged between 66 and 70 and are getting a state pension
- You are aged between 66 and 70 and are not getting a state pension but satisfy a means test
- You are aged under 70 and getting an equivalent Social Security Pension/Benefit from another country
- You are aged under 66 and are getting, Disability Allowance, Invalidity Pension, Blind Persons Pensionor Incapacity Supplement with Disablement Benefit
- You are aged over 60 and receiving a Garda Widows Pension
- You are widowed or a surviving civil partner aged between 60 and 65 and your late spouse or civil partner was getting Household Benefits
- You are receiving Carers Allowance for a person you live with and are caring for
What will you be asked about?