What is Working Family Payment?
Working Family Payment is a weekly tax free payment for employees with children. One person per household may receive this payment.
Who can get Working Family Payment?
You may get Working Family Payment if:
- You have one or more children
- You work 38 hours or more per fortnight in paid employment, you can also combine your weekly hours with your partner's hours to help meet the requirements
- You are the higher earner in your relationship
- Your employment is expected to continue for at least 3 months
- Your income is calculated to be below a certain threshold
For scheme guidelines please see www.gov.ie
What will you be asked about?
You may be asked for information about
Questions about you, your children and your relationship status
Questions about your employment. You will be required to enter details of your most recent payslip. This will also apply to your partner, if applicable
Learn more about where to find appropriate figures on your payslip
Questions about any income your or your partner (if applicable) may have
You will be required to enter your account name and IBAN
Not sure whether you should apply?
Try our Benefit of Work Estimator to show how increasing your hours could affect your social welfare payment.