Change your bank accounts
If you are in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection (DSP), for example Pension, Child Benefit or Household Benefits, you will need to let the department know your new bank account details to ensure there is no disruption to your payment.
Please ensure that you have received your DSP payment to your new bank account before closing your Ulster Bank / KBC Bank account.
Steps to change your bank account.
- Click on this direct link or one of the following tiles Parents, Family and Children or Pensions and Older People Select Change my Payment Method and select FIND OUT MORE. On the next screen, select Apply Now. Read through what you will be asked to do and then click Begin application.
- Select the payment you are receiving from the Department, choosing only one scheme at a time, and click Save and Continue at the bottom to move onto the next page.
- Select Add new bank account and input your new bank account details. Click Save and Continue to move to the summary page.
- Review the payment information you have entered and read the declaration. Tick that you have read and agreed to the declaration and then click Submit.
- Your Change Payment request has now been submitted. You will receive a notification to confirm this. Please check your bank accounts and allow up to 10 days for the change to happen.
Repeat these steps for each scheme/payment you need to change.
Steps to set up a Verified MyGovID account
- Get a Basic Account, you will need access to your email account. Go to MyGovID.ie and click on Create a Basic Account Now. Input your details and create a password. Check your email account as you will be emailed a one-time code. Once you have inputted the code, you now have a basic account.
- Verify your Basic Account, you will need your Public Service Card and mobile phone. Click on the Verify my Basic Account button and input your Public Services Card information. If your mobile phone number is verified, you will receive a one-time code sent in a text message. If you don’t have a verified phone number, a code will be sent to you in the post. Once you receive this 6-digit code, input it and your account is verified.